What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Sport Power

Roo747

Hi Gang,

I just had the great pleasure of meeting the crew over at AeroSport Power. Bart spent the better part of an hour answering questions and explaining a ton of things in detail I would understand.

I haven't got my tail kit yet but already I can't wait to call Sue or Nicky to order my engine.

Thanks for the time spent and tour of the shop!!

Andrew

Hi Gang,

I just had the great pleasure of meeting the crew over at AeroSport Power. Bart spent the better part of an hour answering questions and explaining a ton of things in detail I would understand.

I haven't got my tail kit yet but already I can't wait to call Sue or Nicky to order my engine.

Thanks for the time spent and tour of the shop!!

Andrew

What engine are you buying - ECI or the Lycoming?

Ditto

Ditto my experience. I am buying a rebuilt IO-540 from them and went up there in November to visit and tour the facility. Bart spent about 2 hours with me explaining all kinds of stuff about engines, much of which I never realized was important. Great folks, stellar reputation, easy to deal with.

If you think buying from them is fun, wait til you fly one of their engines. Class A, and nothing less.

Bart & Sue are stellar aviation people. You made a solid choice for your build, IMHO.

One more very satisfied Aerosport Power customer. In fact, my shirts are nearly worn out after wearing them most of the time when I built Smokey.

Don't have enough thumbs-up to give them!

I get no response...

I hear all these good things about Aerosport Power, but every time I have emailed them to get any info for upgrading my engine I get no response. :confused: I even called them, but they never got back to me.

Do they only deal with you if you buy an engine from them?

I hear all these good things about Aerosport Power, but every time I have emailed them to get any info for upgrading my engine I get no response. :confused: I even called them, but they never got back to me.

Do they only deal with you if you buy an engine from them?

That?s no fun and I?m surprised, I did not buy an engine from them but rather did my own engine O/H using parts I bought from them. The experience was a thing of beauty, they answered the phone every time I called and there answer every time was ?yes we have what your asking for, we can ship it today? There where many calls and often I did not have part numbers only descriptions, they would ask some questions to determine what I had and sent the right parts every time.

After all the calls, homework and rounding up all the parts we built the engine in about 10 hours and from the start of assembly to the first flight was three days. The engine is coming up on 1000 hours now.

no response?

BlueLion,
Maybe they figure you should just drive up and talk in person?????:)

I am only an hour or tow away, but anytime I've seen a delay in response, it was because they are a small outfit, and one of the key people needed to answer my question was just returning from Sun'n fun, or some such thing.
Another time, Bart had grabbed his toolbox and headed out to some remote lake to fix another floatplane or something, so giving good customer service can mean they aren't available I guess.!?!?

OK one more Aero Sport fanatic chiming in: The Minnesota Wing of Van's Air Force bought 7 engines from Aero Sport last year. The more we buy the more we like Bart and Sue and the more we like their engines!!!

- Peter

Ok Ok another happy customer

The day it arrived! Hard to believe it was three years ago!

IMG_0838.JPG

Here it is mounted on the plane got lots of complements about the attention to detail.
IMG_0970.JPG

Now have about 50 hours on it, and I can also say that they were great to work with:)

Last edited:
Still have sparkles in my eyes :)

As I was in Kamloops yesterday for work, I took the time to go to their shop to pick-up 2 gaskets for my 90 deg spin-on filter. I also had some other questions for my engine.

Sue welcomed me and was more than happy to help me. I also took some time to visit their installation. My engine is only at mid-life but will be sent to them once due to O/H.

Great team and thanks to Sue for the free gaskets ;) (guess she liked my Air Force uniform :rolleyes:)

Aero Sport Service

I bought my RV8 flying, with an Aero Sport engine. I have called them on numerous occasions with questions about the care and feeding of the engine, and Bart has either come on the phone, or returned my call in short order. When the time comes for any work on the engine, it will go back to Bart and Sue at Aero Sport Power.

Craig

Back