What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Successful First Flight

lr172

Well Known Member
N11LR took to the sky today for it's maiden voyage. One hour flight went without incident. Seemed to have a bit of left wing heavy, but later realized that I had burned off way more fuel in the right tank with all of the ground run in, and by the end of the flight was levelling off a bit, so too early to tell. Barely a 1/3 of a ball off, so not much rudder trim will be required. Thanks to the 40* air temps, highest CHT didn't go north of 380. I was expecting an initial CHT drop in that first hour, but never got it. Oil temps climbed to and remained steady at 193 for the whole flight.

All in all, a good flight and an exciting culmination of 1.5 years of full time building. looking forward to further exploring it's envelope after a couple more breakin flghts at high power.

I ended up with an empty weight of 1630. No interior yet.

weNc9Cb.jpg
[/IMG]
weNc9Cb

Larry

Last edited:
Congratulations! Good luck with the rest of the flight testing.

I put in 4.5 hours today - hoping to be up with you soon!

Congrats Larry - hope to be in your shoes early this spring. I?m sure its a wonderful feeling to get the thing in the air and not have any major squawks!

Congratulations!!! Hope the weather cooperates so you can finish the test period soon. Then the real fun starts!

Back