What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose service

rvator9a

Well Known Member
Anyone else had issues with bose service. I sent them my 2 year old A20 the first week of September and I still haven't got it back or any indication when it might be done. I called and they were not at all interested in doing anything other than saying they were sorry.

A few years back a set of my A20s wouldn't automatically turn off. I sent them back under warranty for service. I don't remember it taking all that long. Can't remember how long though.

I had so send my A20's in and they told me it would take a few months. I asked if there was any way to expedite it because I needed it for work. They told be to mark the box to indicate it needed to be expedited. Took about a week.

If I recall correctly they told me normal time was around 2 months. This was about 8 months ago.

When we had our charter operation on an island in Central America I used to send mine in every year during our slow season. The humidity and heat down there was murder on them. My daughter would get them back in about two weeks. One year shortly after a repair the same problem recurred. They sold me a brand new one for $450. I Jumped on that.
In the 10years I was down there their repair service was always good for me.

I have been flying them for 12+ years in commercial aviation and the couple times I have sent them in for service, had them back very quickly. Bose even replaced unrecognized faulty speaker drivers and all the consumable parts (ear cups, wind/spit screen) for free.

Back