What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Graphics Paint Masks

TXFlyGuy

Well Known Member
My paint shop just sent some info that not all masks are created equal. And of the good ones, less than half are for curved surfaces.

We ordered a set of 4 masks for the Stars & Bars, rather expensive.

Anyone here have experience with masks from Aero Graphics?

Not masks, but Aero Graphics made some nice vinyl stripes and stars for my plane. The company was excellent to work with. I would call Erika and ask her: 800-336-9633

Not masks, but Aero Graphics made some nice vinyl stripes and stars for my plane. The company was excellent to work with. I would call Erika and ask her: 800-336-9633

Thanks. I have purchased multiple vinyl decals from them. But we just ordered paint masks for Stars & Bars. Two sets each, for the fuselage and wings.

29.5", and 25.3" diameter. Perfect 3/4 scale.

The reason I was asking is the graphics shop in Madison expressed concern of the potential lack of quality of the masks.

Found an older thread here (2016) that showed fantastic results with Aerographics masks.

We used Aeographics masks for our RV-12 a couple of years ago and they were fantastic. Our paint shop strongly prefers them.

In Loveland CO

Assume you are talking about AeroGraphics out in Loveland, CO? I used them to produce extensive paint masks for my RV-7 about 5 years ago. They were excellent. The only masks I couldn't use were the ones for the wheel pants - just too many compound curves. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback. I think the vinyl shop in Madison, OH, was a bit put off that we did not pay their crazy price.

The family run business in Loveland, CO, was not cheap, but about 25% less than the other shop.

Very reassuring to hear the good results from you guys.

I used Aerographics for the stars and bars masks on my Midget Mustang when I had it painted approximately 9 years ago. 4 total stars and bars and two different paint shops. Nobody complained one bit.

As others of said, the folks at Aerographics are great people.

I used Aero Graphics paint masks on my 14 - excellent people to work with and the masks were perfect.

I just used there paint masks for my N number a year ago. Beyond perfect! There customer service is also top notice. Go with them for sure.

Back