What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

This one should stir the pot!

Relentless

Well Known Member
Ok this is definitely in the "just cause you can, should you category", but the way I look at it, if I can push our engines way beyond were you ever would and they hold up, how does that make you feel? :roll eyes: Stay tuned?.
2yke05u.jpg

Ok this is definitely in the "just cause you can, should you category", but the way I look at it, if I can push our engines way beyond were you ever would and they hold up, how does that make you feel? :roll eyes: Stay tuned?.
2yke05u.jpg

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!! Man look out. Might feel something like Fat Albert on takeoff roll. What fun!

Sweet

All these new toys, and just before Christmas. I hope Santa brings them, no money left in the wallet to buy all the mods. I have half of the EFII ignition, maybe the other half next year.

aux fuel?

That brings up an interesting thought... IF your FI servo or carb were to for some reason stop metering fuel, you could use the N2O nozzle as a crude fuel injector. Use something like a 125HP shot (jet size) and then regulate mixture with the throttle. Remember the N2O bottle has a separate shutoff valve, so you could easily just inject fuel without adding N2O at the same time.

And the other benefit, of course, is to add 125HP at the push of a button...

Heinrich

The RVs at Reno were using a little nitrous. How much and how long is top secrete. :D

Only 1 RV had it in 2013, and 1 in 2014. Different planes, both "dry" systems as far as I know (no extra fuel added, other than pushing the red knob all the way in). A GlassAir I FG used a wet system in 2013, and Blue Thunder has used it as well.

We will know more after Valdez….:D

Kevin, what is Valdez? Also, in this application, would you drill a second port for an ADI injector in the same block, and run both systems simo?

And to answer your question, I would be very interested in your extreme test results! :)

Cheers,
Bob

Kevin, what is Valdez?

Cheers,
Bob

As crazy as we Reno racers are I have had the pleasure to meet a group of aviators that are even crazier than us. They build extreme "off road" cubs and they compete in Alaska and now at several events in low 48. I am building 7 of these extreme R409's now and a few R360's for these guys. They seem to be all about NOS and several will be doing the testing for me. Robert at EFii is helping sort the installation into his system. Should be interesting.

As crazy as we Reno racers are I have had the pleasure to meet a group of aviators that are even crazier than us. They build extreme "off road" cubs and they compete in Alaska and now at several events in low 48. I am building 7 of these extreme R409's now and a few R360's for these guys. They seem to be all about NOS and several will be doing the testing for me. Robert at EFii is helping sort the installation into his system. Should be interesting.

Awesome Kevin! Good luck! Would love to come watch...the build and the flying! :D

Cheers,
Bob

Lycoming N2O

Been there, done that (lots of times). Works good if done correctly.

Learned from one of the best in Arizona.

P5100010_zps7aa1d722.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This was done in the late 90's

I have already setup ADI injection with me EFii system on NXT? It works great and is totally automatic?

www.flyefii.com

296n1a0.jpg

Question: after 500+ hours, and with 100LL, what does the combustion chamber look like? I assume it is clean as a whistle. Does that extend to the exhaust valve seats too? Does it cut down on the deposits there too?

Pictures would be fantastic if they are available.

Thanks in advance!

Back