What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blue 7 in Garmin Booth

OH MY GOD! that thing is beautiful!! Who's is that?!?!?!? That has got to be the best looking airplane I have ever seen!!!!
It has REALLY got me jazzed up to finish my 7!!

I really need some info on it if you guys know anything, thanks

I think if I put 2 and 2 together. On the VAF front page there's a photo with this caption:

Peter Fruehling's RV on Display at the Garmin Tent Booth
VAF_066%20Jul.%2019,%202012%2019.15.15.jpg

Oh.. on the VAF front page its just a shot of the panel.. I would never have known it was the same aircraft. I was searching for pictures of the exterior. Honestly I didnt even look very closely at the panel.. I am a long way from that, and paint too I guess.. but that thing floored me when I saw it

Oh.. on the VAF front page its just a shot of the panel.. I would never have known it was the same aircraft. I was searching for pictures of the exterior. Honestly I didnt even look very closely at the panel.. I am a long way from that, and paint too I guess.. but that thing floored me when I saw it

I'm just guessing. I saw a blue wing in the background so I thought it might be it.

Yes, that is Peter's airplane. Nice guy, I have been keeping him and Danny King hydrated all week when I see them standing by their planes. :)

mcb

That indeed in Peter's airplane. He spent a lot of years on it and put in a lot of hours. Like Danny's airplane, this is not one of those airplanes where someone wrote a bunch of big checks - it was lots of hard work. Just shows you what you can accomplish! There were a number of nice planes this year in attendance...and if you didn't get a chance to stop by the Garmin booth and talk to both Peter and Danny, you missed a really neat experience (both guys are just a hoot)!

It was nice that Garmin had only experimentals in their booth, and only experimentals that people actually built as well as doing an excellent job on. To top it off, both of the guys are great folks. Aside from forgetting more about flying than many of us will know, Danny has the effect of making you smile within about 15 seconds of being around him - plus, he was rockin the SteinAir shirt this year! :)

Cheers,
Stein

yellow Stein shirt, you need a yellow airplane. Guess I better upgrade my panel for a shot at the display slot.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Stein and Matt thanks for taking such good care of us all week! I was worried it would get to be a really long week but every day was better than the last thanks to you guys!

We had a great time meeting new people and answering questions ranging from details on ignition timing to "Is that an RV?". We all had those questions at one point on our RV journey right? I hope we helped convert a few new builders along the way.

- Peter

Peter that is a beautiful airplane! I wish I could have stuck around long enough to talk to you about it. Did you paint it yourself too?

That indeed in Peter's airplane. He spent a lot of years on it and put in a lot of hours. Like Danny's airplane, this is not one of those airplanes where someone wrote a bunch of big checks - it was lots of hard work. Just shows you what you can accomplish! There were a number of nice planes this year in attendance...and if you didn't get a chance to stop by the Garmin booth and talk to both Peter and Danny, you missed a really neat experience (both guys are just a hoot)!

It was nice that Garmin had only experimentals in their booth, and only experimentals that people actually built as well as doing an excellent job on. To top it off, both of the guys are great folks. Aside from forgetting more about flying than many of us will know, Danny has the effect of making you smile within about 15 seconds of being around him - plus, he was rockin the SteinAir shirt this year! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Thank you Matt and Stein. I've been coming to Oshkosh for decades now and each year is special in its own way. This year was a new experience for me, and I had a great time. Matt seemed to know just when I needed a bottle of cold water, and I never had to ask. The Garmin people were wonderful, and treated us like valued guest. Like Peter, I answered many questions like, which RV to build, how do you like the G3X system, which engine should I install etc. I hope I gave out good information, and helped builders, and want-a-be builders with their decisions.

I've been flying the Doll for twelve years now, and the experience has been life changing. I've met so many interesting and friendly people, and I am so glad I started this RV journey back in 1997. Thanks to all who took the time to stop by and talk about all things RV.

Just one guys opinion..The Doll (and I have not seen it live) is my pick for the most beautiful RV.

My browser opens to vansairforce.com that has a shot of the Doll and I link through to the forum from there. Would lobby Doug to keep that pic on for some more time. :)

Beautiful Doll

Just one guys opinion..The Doll (and I have not seen it live) is my pick for the most beautiful RV.

My browser opens to vansairforce.com that has a shot of the Doll and I link through to the forum from there. Would lobby Doug to keep that pic on for some more time. :)

Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Stein and Matt thanks for taking such good care of us all week! I was worried it would get to be a really long week but every day was better than the last thanks to you guys!

We had a great time meeting new people and answering questions ranging from details on ignition timing to "Is that an RV?". We all had those questions at one point on our RV journey right? I hope we helped convert a few new builders along the way.

- Peter

Nice meeting you as well, and that is indeed one beautiful -7. It was my first trip to OSH, definitely not the last!

I sent a PM to you Peter, in the mean time I found who painted it. They will definitely get my business!!

You may want to reconsider that...there is some history there and Peter can fill you in. It actually ended up that Peter had to do a LOT of work himself on that paint job.

Cheers,
Stein

Back