What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aveo Safe Select Fuel Selector

Their animation looks good, but when I clicked through all their links, i didn't see a single picture of the actual valve. Lots of installation manuals on the site - but no pictures or manual for the valve. The simplest thing in the world is to post an actual picture of the product....if you have something to photograph.

I'd love to have another choice between the "tractor valve" and the Andair (which I love in my -8, but is pretty pricey...). I wonder of this is real, or vaporware?

Paul

Well, it's not in the store, so it probably doesn't exist yet. Their lights caught my eye because I've been thinking about lights for the overhead. But 127 euros (that's over 180 dollars) apiece is pretty steep. Don't expect their selector with light to be cheap when it does come out.

I'm afraid it's just vaporware like many other products showed on their web site but not real objects... just prototypes or nice renderings.
Their avionics look very cool, but none of them really exists. Since first announcement (3 or 4 years ago..) nothing showed up. It's a pitty.

Lights

All of the lights are available. Not sure why they post products not available. I will find out. I'm in contact with the owners.

FYI, I'll have my 7 Oshkosh with the Aveo 6 in 1 lights mounted in the tips.

Aveo is famous for their vaporware... Sorry I just had a bad experience with Aveo and their promises. They could be a different company now but I stopped trying to work with them 3 years ago.

- Peter

Last edited:
Darwin,
Any update on the mounting hardware for the lights being available by AirVenture?
Cheers,
Chad
Boulder City, NV

They're experts at coming up with an idea and posting photos. I've yet to see them deliver on much at all.

They have a sexy site and were one of my favorites early on, but over time I've realized a lot of their ideas are only ideas.

I'm now sending my money to other places that have a better model for engineering and commercialization of their products.

You're best to look on.

Last edited:
It exists

The fuel valve does actually exist! I looked at one yesterday and it looks pretty good. They apparently can be ordered and you just need to specify what type of AN fittings you need. The sample was pretty much equivalent to the stock Van's valve. Don't think it will work for those using return lines as does the Andair. Cost is around 250$. Kestral is the US distributor

I saw "the real deal" on display at the Kestrel Dealer booth at Arlington Fly-in this week.

The valve that was on display had about a 2" backplate with recessed selector handle. There was a positive 'click' as each position was selected, and the selector had to be pulled to select 'off' position. Behind the panel, the valve body was fairly compact compared to Van's stock fuel valves. I think the one that I was playing with was for 1/4" fuel lines.

I did not notice that it was backlit. It was too sunny and I didn't stop to talk to the vendor - just played with the valve for a few moments before wandering off to look at some other shiny new product...

Based on my observations, I'd give the Aveo Fuel Selector a "Thumbs Up!"

Back