What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SteinAir - Great Service

CFI1513840

Well Known Member
I had to share this, for those of you starting to think about your electrical system and avionics.

I can't say enough good things about SteinAir. I have been dealing with them for the last couple of years (I'm an extremely slow builder). I have only had two "glitches". The first was a custom panel that they made, which had the mounting holes misaligned. I reported it to them and was advised personally by Stein that the had found a problem with their computer layout and were replacing the panel free-of-charge. A new replacement panel was quickly sent out. It was perfect.

Most recently I ordered some wire, including shielded 18AWG. I received 22AWG instead (a simple mistake). I talked to Jed yesterday and today (half way across the country) the correct wire showed up. They took care of the postage for overnight delivery, which was twice as much as the product. You can't beat that level of service.

My only regret is that I didn't buy my avionics from them. Instead I chose the lowest price I could find, which turned into a nightmare. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll provide more details.

I will tell you from very recent experience that buying the avionics from Stein was one of my smarter decisions during my recent panel up grade.

No problem was left unresolved for more than a few hours including my own self induced problems.

+1 for Stein and his team!

The more I work with them the more I trust that when thing go sideways they will be there to help me through it. (Notice I didn't say "if" things go sideways when you're working on your panel...) In the 3 years I've worked with them they have over exceeded my expectations every time I needed them the most. It's tough to put a price on that level of confidence!

- Peter

Stein also has great T shirts he hands out at OSH also. My wife's favorite "nighty" is a Stienair T shirt, so I guess you can say I go to bed with Steinair almost every night. :eek:

Seriously, they do a great job, and Stein has personally helped me several times when I got myself it a jam(s). It is nice to know the "A" team is ready if you need them.

Last edited:
I like the fact that Stein has a great web site with on-line ordering. They also take PayPal which is a real plus for me and ship the order out right away.

Ditto

Chalk up one more fan of SteinAir. For any builders out there who are getting close to starting your panel, no need to look anywhere else. If there's anyone out there more knowledgeable, more dedicated and more devoted than Stein and The Boys, I don't know about them.

Hard to believe that he takes the time to post here on VAF while sitting in his mother's basement, stuffing Cheetos into his face, wearing nothing but one of his SteinAir shirts ...

:D

I'll add my vote too. Great service, huge knowledge base, always returns calls, good pricing, easy to use website and online ordering and let's not forget those T-shirts- very nice cotton and they seem to be favorite bed time wear for my girlfriend too.

Stein, ever think of offering a women's sleep wear collection?:)

..................and let's not forget those T-shirts- very nice cotton and they seem to be favorite bed time wear for my girlfriend too.

Stein, ever think of offering a women's sleep wear collection?:)

Well, the joke is on us, my wife just found a hidden camera in her t shirt. ;)

Back