What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview - Do you reboot?

Art_N412SB

My co-owner in our RV-12 had a no-radio event yesterday. He could hear but not transmit. He left the airport frustrated. I decided to give it a try. No problems. The transmitter worked fine and receiver was 5 by 5. What was the difference? The Skyview system was rebooted. I have seen that in other aircraft I have flown. Especially aircraft with FADEC systems. Have you ever rebooted your system to get something working again?

With an older version of Skyview software (a couple years ago), I would occasionally have to reboot the Skyview network components, using my avionics master, in order to get the ADSB online. Hasn't been an issue with most recent software updates...which I update religiously.

How's the currency of the Skyview software in your -12? Dynon tech support might want to see a data dump if it's current.

Woody.

My co-owner in our RV-12 had a no-radio event yesterday. He could hear but not transmit. He left the airport frustrated. I decided to give it a try. No problems. The transmitter worked fine and receiver was 5 by 5. What was the difference? The Skyview system was rebooted. I have seen that in other aircraft I have flown. Especially aircraft with FADEC systems. Have you ever rebooted your system to get something working again?

Back