What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12iS Stick Grip on RV-12

JFCRV12

Well Known Member
Hello,

My new to me RV-12 should be here next weekend. As such, I'm prepping by purchasing a couple things like Koger Sunshade, Gas Cans, and Stick Grips.

Regarding the Stick Grips, does anyone have the Vans Part # for the Stick Grips used on the RV-12is?

I believe they're Ray Allen G205's, but I didn't know if Vans has an orderable part that makes installation that much easier.

My plane has Dynon HDX, Autopilot Control Knobs, then crappy bike grips and stock PTT button.

Thanks
John

Hello,

My new to me RV-12 should be here next weekend. As such, I'm prepping by purchasing a couple things like Koger Sunshade, Gas Cans, and Stick Grips.

Regarding the Stick Grips, does anyone have the Vans Part # for the Stick Grips used on the RV-12is?

I believe they're Ray Allen G205's, but I didn't know if Vans has an orderable part that makes installation that much easier.

My plane has Dynon HDX, Autopilot Control Knobs, then crappy bike grips and stock PTT button.

Thanks
John

I like the lock on grips by ODI. Rogue model. http://odigrips.com/store/mtb/mtb-products/rogue-mtb-lock-on-grip-130mm Check out their end plugs too for your PTT com switch. Snap Cap end plugs come with them and fit into the Lock On alum end clamps, and sit tight in there.

Last edited:
Thanks but I prefer the Ray Allen?s. Is there a Van?s part # or do I just order from spruce?

The G405 comes with the iS kit, but you?d better check to see if you?d need a relay deck if integrating into a legacy 12. I can?t speak to that.

The G405 comes with the iS kit, but you?d better check to see if you?d need a relay deck if integrating into a legacy 12. I can?t speak to that.

Thanks Bob, I?ll give them a ring tomorrow. Thinking I may just stay simple with the G101B grips.

Back