What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sam James Cowl Work

mikemalone

Can anyone recommend a well-documented blog/builder site detailing any modifications I will need to carry out to the Sam James cowl and plenum?

Can anyone recommend a well-documented blog/builder site detailing any modifications I will need to carry out to the Sam James cowl and plenum?

Mike, my blog has quite a bit about the cowl and plenum if you want to take a gander. www.darinanderson.com. Start looking at about September of 2014. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Darin

Sam James

Mike, my blog has quite a bit about the cowl and plenum if you want to take a gander. www.darinanderson.com. Start looking at about September of 2014. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Darin

Hello, my name is Mike Alexander. I am about to install my IO-360 (Lycoming) on my 7A with the Sam James Cowl. Do you have a recommendation on what I may need to add or exclude from the Vans Firewall Forward Kit? Also, I was wondering if I could email you for some guidance on the best way forward in installing the Sam James.

Regards,
Mike

I know they are under new ownership and heard they were changing their molds - I certainly hope so.

I have a lot of good things to say about the cowl, it fit right up out of the box - and NO good things to say about the plenum. I hope your install experience goes better than mine.

Back