What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone with an RV7 or 8 in the North Idaho/Spokane area?

AaronRoush

I'm New Here
Hello, this is my first post on the forums. I am interested in building an RV7 or RV8, but have never flown in a tandem seat aircraft and am a bit bigger, so I would like to be able to fly in each to see which I like better. I have contacted Vans factory to see if I could do a demo flight in both, but currently, due to Covid restrictions, they aren't doing demo flights or factory tours and they are still only allowing only one demo flight in one aircraft per person when they do start back up with demo flights. Also, I have bought both of the test kits (tool box and trim tab section) to try my hand at riveting. I have or have bought all of the tools other than the rivet gun that are required to build the kit (for the dimpler, I just bought the pop-rivet dimpler set), but don't want to spend the money on a riveter before I know for sure whether I will be building for sure. I have contacted the two closest EAA chapters to me and it looks like most people around here are building Zenith 700 series or some other STOL type kits and I didn't hear from anyone that said they were building a RV or owned an RV although I'm pretty sure I've seen some at Sandpoint and Coeur D'Alene airports. I live in north Idaho between Spirit Lake and Priest River, so I'm within an hour of Coeur D'Alene, Sandpoint, Priest River, and Deer Park airports (maybe some others as well). I am a private pilot, but have not flown in several years, so I will hopefully be getting back in the air one way or another shortly. Anyway, I hope I will be able to take some flights and maybe get some tool time in as well if anyone is interested in helping me out. Thank you all in advance!

RV-7A near Spokane

Hi Aaron!

I’m building a 7A in my shop in Newman Lake and would be happy to show it to you. It’s not flying yet, but you could sit in the seat and make engine noises.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Leonard Westermeyer
[email protected]
509-941-6125

That sounds great and not too far from me! I'll try giving you a call or email a bit later today and see if we can arrange a time to come out.

Thanks!

Back