What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crotch Strap for Back Pax

Freemasm

Well Known Member
Crotch Strap bracket for Back Pax

No related RV-4 or other drawings that I've seen. Anyone care to share their details of Back Seat Crotch Strap attachment fabrication? Any "gotcha's" that need to be avoided? Your suggestions and experience is appreciated.

Last edited:
From 20 years ago. Just get a piece of aluminum angle and start shaping it.

dateposted-public

RV-8 plans

Here's how it's done in the RV-8 - from DWG 65. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by uploading this.

RV-8 F-806G-1 Seat Belt Attach.png

RV-8 PP Plans DWG 65.jpg

Thanks to all for replying.
From 20 years ago. Just get a piece of aluminum angle and start shaping it.

dateposted-public

Yours looks much like the instructions for the F1 but there's no details on the part/bracket itself. I will most definitely utilize the available strength of the long's. Was that a 3/16 angle you used?

Here's how it's done in the RV-8 - from DWG 65. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by uploading this.

View attachment 814

View attachment 815

That could be made to work with an extended bracket (see above). It's interesting that yours is intended for a swivel versus a slot for the belt (above). This is one of those cases where it would help to have/or know the hardware you'd be utilizing in the future.

Thanks,
Scott F

slot width

... This is one of those cases where it would help to have/or know the hardware you'd be utilizing in the future. ...
True - the slot assumes a very thin seatbelt attachment. If I were doing it again, I'd make it a bit thicker.

Thanks to all for replying.

Yours looks much like the instructions for the F1 but there's no details on the part/bracket itself. I will most definitely utilize the available strength of the long's. Was that a 3/16 angle you used?

Yes, I believe so. I'll measure it next time I'm at the airport.

Back