What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foward Canopy Seal Installation C-01447

77bonanza

Any suggestions for installing the forward canopy seals. Did anyone remove the canopy and turn it upside down to install. If so, how did you protect the canopy from damage. If you have photos I can view that would be great. With the canopy installed there is not much room to sand and install the forward canopy seals. And at my age, 75, it is difficult to get to that area.

Thanks for your assistance!

I believe someone posted tha Vans uses pro seal to attach this particular weather strip. Replacement seals can be found at The Home Depot.

Nope. No proseal holding canopy seals on the prototypes.
If something like this comes loose we use Pliobond, but I am pretty sure that ours are so far holding with the original adhesive.

Mine is “squishing out” before I have even flown. It was probably 120 degrees in my garage yesterday and the front seal expanded and extruded like bread dough. Maybe I had it too close the the forward edge of the canopy. I will wait until after phase 1 to replace it.....probably when it goes in for painting.

Forward Canopy Seal Installation C-01447

Thanks for the responses. Van's (Scott) thanks for IDing the sealant if needed.

Back