What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to Fayetteville, NC

Icarus

Well Known Member
Heading to Fayetteville for a year-long tour. Looking to bring my RV down with me, and if I hit the hangar jackpot maybe my Cherokee.

I will be working on Bragg. Unsure where I will live...but since my wife won't be moving with me that can be flexible based on where the RV lives.

Any recommendations or leads are appreciated. Some members on the forum could probably vouch that I'm not a bad person :)

Paul

Trips to Ft Bragg

Paul,

I fly my plane a couple of times a year for TDYs to Ft Bragg and Pope AFB. I fly into KSOP and use the Ft Bragg back gate to drive to my meetings.

I also stay at hotels in Southern Pines, a very nice area!! I've had friends who lived in Southern Pines and loved it!! Tim

Check Gilliam McConnel or Moore Co. I know a couple other Bragg guys have based at those airports. Hard to beat BQ1 (Gilliam). Best BBQ in the area right on the airport.

Paul,

I fly my plane a couple of times a year for TDYs to Ft Bragg and Pope AFB. I fly into KSOP and use the Ft Bragg back gate to drive to my meetings.

I also stay at hotels in Southern Pines, a very nice area!! I've had friends who lived in Southern Pines and loved it!! Tim

Thanks for the tip!

You didn't have the velocity down at Ft Stewart Wright AAF (LHW) did you?

Check Gilliam McConnel or Moore Co. I know a couple other Bragg guys have based at those airports. Hard to beat BQ1 (Gilliam). Best BBQ in the area right on the airport.

Pik-N-Pig Bar-B-Q at BQ1 is hard to beat! Plus the view from the patio on sunny summer days is awesome.

I work at KHRJ as an A&P/IA and live in Eastover Air Ranch 6NC3. I suggest you try lumberton airport for availability and price. Next on the list would be Fayetteville (KFAY). There isn't much of anything available at KHRJ but you could always call the FBO and talk to the Airport Manager (Natalie Pusser)....maybe they would have some room in a group hangar. If you'd like to buy a house in Eastover Air Ranch, there is a hangar for sale currently (but you have to live here to use the runway. Beautiful, manicured 3000' x 100' grass with night lighting. Ellis

Thanks Ellis. I'm on KFAY's list (apparently 30 deep). Long lists seem to get shorter once I show up with an actual airplane to put inside. We will see.

Left a message for Ms. Natalie at HRJ.

I will most likely only be there for a year so if you hear of anyone wanting to sublet that has worked well for me in the past. Thanks again, look forward to meeting you.

I sent a PM because I was unable to post after creating an account to reply. I've been here for a while and will be here for a few more years - I included my phone number in the PM.

If you need any help or questions answered, let me know.

Back