What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vision 1000 to G3X

davej11

Has anyone tried mapping the sensors from a Vision 1000 system to a G3X (GEA24)? It appears that the EGT, CHT, Oil Temp and Tach sensors are pretty straightforward, but the MP, Oil P, Fuel P and Fuel Flow all have 4 wires and Garmin is only looking for 3. Anyone have any guidance or sources of info?

I had to switch mine out for those recommended by Garmin for MP, FP, OP, and FF. I swapped one of my mags at the same time to a PMag so also switched out my tach.

I just went through the same evolution - VM1000 to a MFD GDU450, adding to my existing GDU460 PFD. Yes, the fuel, manifold, and oil pressure senders are not re-usable - GEA24 prefers 2 wire 0-5V senders. But, the FloScan fuel flow should be re-usable, as the GEA24 allows K factor input by you (But, good luck determining the K factor of your current sender). That said, I would highly recommend while you are at it to replace the FloScan, as the Garmin spec'd red cube sensor has an accurate factory specified K factor and most folks report it as being dead-on, i.e. reported fuel usage matches fill-up experience perfectly. Also, note the VM1000 CHT sensors are type J, not K. But here too, I would recommend splurging on new, especially as the EGT probes do deteriorate.
Have fun with all the new wiring!

Thanks for the help. Ordered the kit and fuel pressure from Stein. Will probably save me a lot of time and headache.

Back