What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

jihostroj governor rebuild?

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I'm looking at the WW200RV prop/hub rebuild coming up on my next annual (already past due with 730 hours on it) and I'm wondering about the Jihostroj governor that shipped with it - do they need a going through as well on that same schedule, or just rebuild on condition? Right now the governor is behaving itself perfectly.

A few years back, there were some problems with a serial number or builder-date range of governors that shed parts through the side of their case - I’d make sure you don’t have one of those!

Othe than that, I can tell you that prop shops can be really picky when they look at props and governors, and if things aren’t perfect, they will want to make them perfect - so it can be pricey. I have run at least one Jihostroj to almost 2,000 hours and it’s working great as well - sort of hate to mess with it....

Paul

That said....we took the governor off the RV-6 where it has been for (best we can tell) 25+ years and 2400 hours (its a Hartzell governor), working fine - and the prop shop declared it junk - all moving parts had enough wear it was toast, not economical to repair. So if you let it go too long......

Replacing it on the freshly overhauled motor with a PCU5000 from the group buy - thanks DR!

Back