What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO390 with FM-150: FWF parts delete list?

9erDriver

Well Known Member
Ready to order the FWF kit for a Thunderbolt IO390 with FM-150... does anyone have a list of parts to delete from the FWF kit? From reading our forums I see that a fuel hose or two from Vans will no longer work, as well as possibly the mixture and throttle cables. Anything else to delete? A succinct list with part numbers would be extremely helpful. Obviously I will need to replace the deleted parts later with ones that fit as well as buy a bracket.

Many thanks

I don't know what its called but there is a big bag of parts to make a mixture cable control system; def don't need that.

Call Steve at Aircraft Specialty or Tom at TS Flightlines, they have a hose list to delete depending on what avionics system you are using and any other changes. The stock throttle and mixture cables definitely work unless you are using a quadrant. Anything related to the mixture bellcrank setup can be deleted.

Ready to order the FWF kit for a Thunderbolt IO390 with FM-150... does anyone have a list of parts to delete from the FWF kit? From reading our forums I see that a fuel hose or two from Vans will no longer work, as well as possibly the mixture and throttle cables. Anything else to delete? A succinct list with part numbers would be extremely helpful. Obviously I will need to replace the deleted parts later with ones that fit as well as buy a bracket.

Many thanks

Steve,

Please feel free to reach out to Tom or I with any questions about the FWF hoses. We love to talk about RV projects!!!!!

Here is a link to the FWF hose page for the RV14, which includes the deletion list for the FWF plumbing.

http://aircraftspecialty.com/RV-14 Firewall Forward Hoses.html

Also, here is a link to the installation manual we supply which supplements the standard VANS manual. It details some of the different configuration options that builders have put into their aircraft.

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF Documents/RV-14 FF.pdf

We build the FWF hoses to the correct lengths and configurations for the specific equipment that the builder is utilizing on their aircraft.

Have fun building, and we look forward to talking with you

Steve

Last edited:
Mix cable bellcrank.... yep that is what that bag was.... I ended up using the hardware for little odds and ends; still have a lot of them.

Back