What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost finished

Allan Stern

Well Known Member
After 19 calendar months starting June 2018 until January 2020 minus @4 month waiting for quick build kits to come and back ordered Lycoming engines and a month vacation my RV14A, N507PW was given her airworthiness certificate on Friday January 17th by a DAR.

So my quick build kit took me about 14 months to put together. Almost daily work. I now have to put all panels back on and my Clasic Aero interior in and it should be ready to fly.

Now if someone can explain how to upload pictures from flikr to here I will post.

RV 6A sold
RV 8A sold
RV 12 flying
RV 14A almost ready

Last edited:
Allan, you are amazing!

If I have this right, you built a -6A, an -8A, a -12, and now the -14! I knew that Ph.D. would be useful!

Take care,

Ron

Congrats!!

I'm right behind you. Started my -14A (all standard kits) in late May, 2018 and will move to the airport next Tuesday. My inspection is scheduled for 2/20.

You guys make me feel like a slacker. I thought 31 months was pretty good, but now I have to build another one to get my man card back....

Back