What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

McMaster Carr door seal part number

bomber_JB

RV-10 doors - Can someone provide me the McMaster Carr door seal part number and length I should buy? I asked Sean but he was quoting from memory and thought it might be 1120A411 or 1120A311.

Thanks,

Jerry

I used the 1120A311 part.

25 ft should do it, but I bought 50 ft to allow for losses and using the seal as a filling device...

Water- and Weather-Resistant Rubber Push-on Seal with Bulb on Side, Hollow, for 3/16" Edge, 3/8" High

Last edited:
It depends on the clearance that you leave. 3/8" was too thick for me. Went with the smaller size in the end. It is a perfect leak-free seal. Half the winter I had the heat off when the sun was shinning.

It depends on the clearance that you leave. 3/8" was too thick for me. Went with the smaller size in the end. It is a perfect leak-free seal. Half the winter I had the heat off when the sun was shinning.

So what was the part number of the smaller size?

Door seal

Whichever size works best for you, you might want to buy a double amount in any case, as over time the seal will acquire some set and benefit from a replacement. The stuff doesn't deteriorate on the shelf, and then when you need it, you don't have to re-hunt for the part number.:)

That said, I hanger my plane with a foam block partially holding the door open, to minimize setting the seal, while keeping the door mostly down to keep the stuff that falls from the hanger ceiling out.:)

So what was the part number of the smaller size?

Don’t remember and on the road,so not easy to look up. Same series as you mentioned. It is available in three bulb depths.

Also important to note that it can be had with the serrations on either side of he channel and this can impact clearance as well. Mine had them on the non bulb side of the U channel.

Back