What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time to stop lurking!

ERushing

Well Known Member
Hi All,

After flying with Rob from AFS, visiting Van's and taking a look at the Cooper's beautiful RV-10, my wife is finally convinced that we should start our RV-10!! (Thanks to Mark and Tricia for helping bring it home!)

I'll be ordering my empennage kit as soon as our house sale closes and the check clears!!

Thanks to all the posters and keepers of build logs for helping to build my confidence.

Welcome to VAF!

Eric,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF:D

You made a good choice with the 10 :D

Welcome to the family!!! It's a experience y'all can do together well worth the time. The VANS forum here is the best most friendly help anywhere. I've built a RV7A and now about finished a RV10 and a tech counselor. Best advice ; stay with it at least 2 hrs a day. Have Fun

Alan W

Excellent news Eric! It makes me feel good when I can convince someone else to take up the addiction I have. Wait, isn't that what a dealer does? The first test flight is always free. Oh no!!

I can't wait to see your progress and if we need to fly out and lend a hand from time to time, don't hesitate. We need a reason to fly out and visit in the Gorge area more often.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the advice, Alan. I'm looking forward to the build process but still find myself asking "What the heck am I thinking." Just going to take it one step at a time.

Mark - If that's what it will take to get you and Tricia up to the Gorge, I'll have to ask for help often! You're welcome anytime!

Last edited:
I'll be up in hood river with my -10 over Labor Day. We have been windsurfing in the gorge since the early 80's.. Now we just fly over the kite boarders! Several good friends have retired out there, a few in underwood!

Good stuff Eric.
Enjoy the build!! We are only 25 min flight to your east in Prosser Wa. One 10 flying and builder Jim Early well underway to completion. If you need motivation...just call.

Bill make sure you plan on stopping in Prosser on your way to Hood River. Harvest will be just started and be good time to experience the Yakima valley and its wines.

PS. Good chance a well known Russian going to be in Prosser (S40) July 6th or 7th for overnight stay. All are welcome to join us for some good Wa wine and dinner.

Back