What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport RV-10 Carpet Install Question

rvanstory

Well Known Member
Installing Aerosport Carpet today with a center console and have a question. There is a piece that fits in front of the rear seats and drapes over the tunnel. It has cutouts for the front seat belt attach points as well as the rear heater vents in side of tunnel.

My question is, do you cut that piece to fit around the center console? Or, is it supposed to fit under the console? It appears you have to cut around the console as the carpet thickness would be a VERY tight fit. I have to force the console down over the tunnel cover as it is, I can't imagine that it has enough give to also have carpet wedged underneath.

Before I start cutting, needed to reach out to others with this setup to see what they did.

I have the original armrest. My carpet is underneath it. I didn?t have to cut the carpet. The armrest fit over it without any issues.

I and others have cut it to fit.

Thanks Tim! That's what I thought. Just needed confirmation. Something about cutting $1,000 accessories that makes me nervous. (You can't unscramble scrambled eggs.)

Watched your 1st flight videos! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It was SO inspiring!!! I had the RV grin just watching your 1st takeoff and landing. Very impressive!

You probably could go under... I think it would be really tight - but I did NOT want to have to screw around with it or worry about having to remove everything to get the carpet off for inspections. I did the same as Tim and just cut it.

One thing I did that you may want to consider is taking a heat gun, and after cutting it, just melting around the edge so that the carpet doesn?t start fraying.

I lifted the center console and it fit over the carpet. Did have to cut around seat belt attach point. The carpet and the seat belt caused the seat to catch because of the small space between the seat and the console. I think if you cut around the console it may look poorly.

Back