What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost ready to fly!

leok

Well Known Member
Well after 5 years and 4 months I'm almost there. I got my airworthiness inspection yesterday! There wasn't anyone there to take a picture so this is the best we could do. My DAR said I didn't look very happy in the photo. I told him that was my happy face! :D

IMG-20200112-144604735.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Here is a photo of my baby (and my wife's) waiting for a few last items in preparation for the first flight. I haven't had time to put decent lighting in my new (to me anyway) hanger. It was 25 degrees with an inch of icy ick outside, thus the torpedo heater.

Congrats!

I?m assuming your based at PTK. I was a controller there back in the mid eighties.

congrats!!

Very exciting for you, I'm sure. Best of luck on the first flight. I have almost 10 hours already. Unfortunately the oil consumption hasn't stabilized, so mostly flying around at high power still. Breakin during the winter is much easier. Downside is spending days waiting for high enough cielings with an unproven engine.

Larry

Congrats.... Always great to have another 10 in MI. Flew to PTK last month for Operation Good Cheer.

Have fun and be safe

Gary
N100JV (RV10)

Congrats.... Always great to have another 10 in MI. Flew to PTK last month for Operation Good Cheer.

Have fun and be safe

Gary
N100JV (RV10)

I saw your -10 at TVC last month - beautiful paint job. I have the unpainted -10 with a very similar tail number N112JV.

Glad I caught this thread... it reminded me that I have to get my photos and taxi video to you. Kinda preoccupied... spent 11 hours reconstructing baffles yesterday.

Congratulations Leo

It was a real pleasure working with you. You have a beautiful RV. I really appreciate you using me. I know I told you this before but if you ever have questions, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy and be safe

Ted Gautier, DAR
Pontiac, Michigan

Thanks to all

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It has been an absolutely wonderful journey so far. Only a few moments of despair!

Now if the weather will cooperate for a while, I could get this thing in the air!

Congratulations

Welcome to the club. I recently installed linkable led lights from Amazon for the hangar. Easy, inexpensive and they work well.

Back