What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X GDU370 MFD not loading at all and PFD inflight reboots

Shortly after a software update and a 4 week work trip, I arrvived at the hangar for a much anticipated flight only to find that my MFD would not load an seems to be in some sort of loop. The unit starts off saying "loading software", gets to 100% and then gets stuck showing just "Garmin Loader"I restarted the unit a few times but always get the same problem, as shown in the video. It was a nice VFR day so I proceeded for a flight to an airport about 40 mins away but while on downwind the PFD went dark and decided to reboot. On the return trip the PFD rebooted 2 more times leaving with no working screens again.

The following week I flew across to a local Garmin agent to try and sort out the MFD. I had no more isses with the PFD on the out and return trip. After a few hours of fiddling the local guys could not get any joy out of the MFD and sent the video and photo to Garmin Europe to see what my options are. Sadly after 4 weeks the oly answer I got was, bad luck, that the screen must be US and will need to be replaced.

In 3 subsequent flights the PFD has worked fine but the MFD is still stuck.

Some observations:-
There is obviously power to the unit as the screen is on
It is reading the SD card as it complains when the card is missing and re reads when it is re-inserted
The screen itself and the SD card reader are obviously functioning

I have tried obvious things like swapping the PFD and MFD 2 sd cards over and tried a new sd card in the MFD but nothing changed.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? And any ideas what I could try before I throw my MFD away?

Video of G3x GDU370 MFD not loading

zuvii-g3x.jpeg

Thanks Brantel, ill give that a try.

Yes, I have tried a new card with a different download of the firmware and I also tried card from the PFD.

Yes contact the G3X team. I had a card reader failure and had to send mine back. Great service here in the US, I hope your experience is good.

Back