What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any 6 or 7's in the Austin / San Antonio Area?

atxpilot

Any pilots out there looking to show off their model 6 or 7 in the Central TX area and maybe even give a demo flight? I'm based out of KAUS flying mainy PA-28's and VERY interested in either building or buying a 6 or 7 in the coming few months. I've visited the factory but didn't get a chance to test fly one.

Let me know if anyone would be willing to meet up somewhere and show off their plane! Lunch on me, of course

Welcome to VAF

Andrew------Welcome aboard the good ship VAF, first 2019 member I suspect:D

Any pilots out there looking to show off their model 6 or 7 in the Central TX area and maybe even give a demo flight?

Let me know if anyone would be willing to meet up somewhere and show off their plane! Lunch on me, of course

Methinks this is a job for our fearless leader DR

Hi Andrew,

If you?d be willing to drive a little bit south of San Antonio (between San Antonio and Corpus) down to Live Oak County (8T6) I?m sure I could hook you up with a ride in a -7. Shoot me over a PM if your interested.

Mark

Go down to Lockhart (50R) and visit with Phil Cline at the Plane Talk Hangar. He's built several airplanes including a -6A, and helped build many RV's. His beautiful-6A is there and there are several RV's on the field he helped build.
Good luck.
Regards
Geoff

9A

If a 9A will do the trick, I’d be happy to take you for a flight at Breakaway in Cedar Park (40XS).

If you’d be willing to drive a little bit south of San Antonio (between San Antonio and Corpus) down to Live Oak County (8T6) I’m sure I could hook you up with a ride in a -7. Shoot me over a PM if your interested.

Mark

Mark, are you the person I met during my last Pilots N Paws flight down to Live Oak? I sure appreciated the check-in to make sure we were good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses! I've PM'd all of you.

tcard / Tanya - A -9 would be of interest to me as well and would love to swing by. Plus I've always wanted to check out that airpark!

On another note, do ya'll ever organize and RV pilot get together / fly in?

If a 9A will do the trick, I?d be happy to take you for a flight at Breakaway in Cedar Park (40XS).

Mark, are you the person I met during my last Pilots N Paws flight down to Live Oak? I sure appreciated the check-in to make sure we were good.

That was probably my buddy Woody that you met. I get down there as often as I can, but Woody?s there all the time. He flys a -7 out of there and I fly a -4....and I?m also building a -7 there. The invitation is always open to come by for visit and hopefully we?ll get to meet in the near future. It?s always great to have RV?ers stop by.

Mark

Back