I am picking up this new to me -3 next weekend.
She's flying, but it's really a 50-foot aircraft. So after playing around with it for a couple of days, I plan to take her apart and bring her to my workshop (which unfortunately is not on an airport)
* Polish all the corrosion out
* Fix crooked tailwheel
* Make new righthand elevator (some gorilla has tried to use molten lead or something on a dent, only to make things worse. And more flutter-prone)
* Smoothen all fiberglass wing/tailplane tips
* Try to get some dents out of the turtledeck (very carefully)
* Do a complete rewiring job
* Do a new panel
* Do a new canopy skirt
* Do a new windscreen frame
* Make the engine cowling presentable
* Pull all of the aluminum tape off the fiberglass and paint it
* Put 8.5:1 pistons in engine
* Do an EFI conversion on the engine
* Catto prop
* New spinner
* New lightweight starter
* Ditch the generator in favour of an alternator
On the plus side: she's light! 750 lbs with an O-320. And it's a -3B with new(ish) quick-built wing.
Can't wait to get started!!!