What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quickbuild Wings

msmst25

Well Known Member
I just found out that there is currently an 8 month lead time for the Quickbuild Wings. I doubt I'll have the fuselage done in that period of time, but the tailcone went quicker than expected, so I'm placing an order. I've decided to get the electric aileron trim, but wasn't sure if I should get the float fuel sending units or opt for something else later. I've also decided to go with a different set of lights. Any other suggestions or recommendations at this point?

Heated pitot tube, or at least the mast an option that will need to be done during the build.

Are you going to use conduit for the wire runs?

1/4” plastic tube for pitot and AOA is the way to go and you could delete the Al tubing that comes with the kit.

You do not need to buy the roll A/P servo now. It’s not that much more difficult to add it after the wings are closed up and it gives you more time to make your avionics choice.

The slow build fuselage and quick build wings is the way I went. The fuselage will take quite some time then you will need the finish kit to get it up on the gear. The tanks will be finished so the float type sending units are the only option. They work fine. The wings still have quite a lot of work to do on them. The aileron trim will be installed after you have attached the wings and configured the ailerons other wise it will not be set correctly. I went with a blue plastic tubing for airspeed and a red for the angle of attack.

Back