What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB Wing/Fus changes/deletions

Rosouth

I'm New Here
My wonderful wife and I just started the empennage kit 2 days ago. She's actually more into building a plane in the garage than I am if you can imagine that! I love it!

Anyway, we are wanting to order the QB wings and fuselage ASAP due to the 8 month lead-time for those items.

I'm wanting to go with:

1) Approach Engineering rudder pedals
2) Aerosport (or similar) Instrument Panel
3) Beringer Wheels and brakes
4) ZipTips
4) Possibly more.

So.....

Q: Is there a list of 'best practices' that most people change due to better after market options being available?

Q: How do I know what items to tell Vans to delete from the kit? Does the company providing the after-market parts provide me with those items to delete?

Q: Does Vans reduce the kit cost for deleted items?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

Rob South
RV-10 (Empennage kit...just started)

1. Several threads available for suggestions. Here is one you could star with.

2. You can request the full 'Bill of Materials' for each kit from VANS. You will need to order the kit with your 'deletion' list. On some items they will be bagged/grouped with other components as part of their inventory control - so there will be some things you'll just end up with regardless.

3. Yes, there will be a price they will reduce for components/parts deleted from the overall kit.

Back