What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Survived MDRA preclosing inspection (Canada)

Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
Just finished having the pre-closing inspection on the tail, wings and fuselage of my 8 by a Canadian MDRA inspector. He seemed to be very thorough and helpful. When all the dust settled it turns out that I have to replace about 5 rivets if I choose to do so, which I no doubt will. Now I can move on and finish the airplane. :D

RV 8 fuselage

mdra inspection

Congratulations Paul, I know the feeling of relief and accomplishment when my inspector gave mine the clean bill of health (expect for 2 rivets in my case). Now the fun works begin.

well done

congrats! I too am only a few weeks from my mdra pre-close inspection. I'm ordering my QB fuse and Wings next week or so! You think you're doing well building, but having that final Thumbs Up inspection is gratifying. Best of the season Paul.

Hi guys, good job.

There are two inspections left:

Final (which has a lot of painstaking paperwork)
Final Final (the inspection you give it for first flight as if your life depends on it).

Lots of folks have trouble with the Final MDRA inspection because the paperwork is not 'just so'. Contact your inspector for advise before the big day.

Vern Little, 110 hours and holding (weather!!)

WTG Paul,, I had mine (on my QB) 2 weeks ago. Cleared to finish now, just need time and money :)

M

Back