What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thanksgiving

fodrv7

Well Known Member
It's all gone quiet on the Forum.
So you must all be pigging out over Thanksgiving turkey.

Enjoy your families and the celebration and God bless you all.
Pete.

Burp!!!

Yeah, been eating for the past four hours or so....befriended by a pilot buddy and his wife and a few other marriage ex-pats, a little refuge for pilots who have ended up single at later stages of life. Good friends can be as important as good family - at least you can pick your frineds! :rolleyes:

I'm thankful for all the friends I have made in the RV world in the past year, and looking forward to making many more.

I'm also thankful that the Valkyrie can lift a heavy payload, as I feel signficantly over my personal gross at this point...did we really need six pies for ten people?! :eek:

See some folks in Arkansas tomorrow...

May you all experience the richness of the season,

Paul

Happy Turkey Day to all from the place that the first Thanksgiving took place!

Plymouth, MA!

It is really cool having Thanksgiving here in Plymouth. For that matter, it is really cool living here. The history here is rich, the scenery is picturesque and the weather is mild for New England.

...except for today!

Happy Thanksgiving!

:) CJ

Peter, thanks for the well wishes to us American's on one of our special days of the year. Don't worry, we will be back on the forum in full force after all the turkey has worn off.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing....

Uggggggghhhhhhh!

Just in the door 9:30pm from a day of driving and visiting family and eating. Dog tired and about 5lbs over gross.

Cowboys rocked!

Need sleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

ps: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

wondering

No wonder the forum was quiet. We Canadians have already celebrated and we/re not always aware of this date. :)

Happy Turkey day,

Thanksgiving beginnings

A National Thanksgiving

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging
with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be;

that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country
previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favor, able interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war;

for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed;

for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted;

for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge;

and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions;

to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually;

to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord;

to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us;

and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

--Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3rd day of October,
A.D. 1789,

George Washington

No Hangover - just a good workout!

fodrv7 said:
How are the hangovers?
Pete.

Instead of sitting on our duffs and letting all that turkey turn into added personal empty weight, a few of us followed Squadron Leader Scorch on a flight up into the hills of Arkansas for some hiking and camping. I think I probably walked off the potential excess baggage, and enjoyed the country air and company.

Nice flying along the way as well - more to be thankful for - another four hours on the Valkyrie! :D

Paul

Been there - done that :)

fodrv7 said:
How are the hangovers?
Pete.

No hangover, Pete, gettin' smarter on how to avoid such lost days - although it's taken a while. :)

Returned the -7A to flyin' status today after an oil change and general inspection - kicked the tires, lit the fire and off we went.

I never tire of pushing the throttle up and letting this thing rip. I know the Subby does not move out like some of the Lyc machines, but climbing to 2500' today it was showing 1700-1800 fpm at 110 KIAS. It has to be a little like flying the Spit or Mustang, the engine just purrs with that big MT prop shimmering in the sunshine....

Truth is, any RV, no matter what the engine, is an absolute delight to fly. Life sure could be worse.

dd

Back