What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail wheel time in Abbotsford

mhflyit

I'll be in Abbotsford, BC (due to business commitments) over the weekend of November 25th and 26th and wondered if there is anywhere or anyone on the airfield that offers tail wheel time? I am tail wheel certified but need to build time and regain those skills I learnt a few years back before I take flight in my 8 sometime in the 1st half of next year (I hope!). I have a US License so dual is required anyhow.

Trying to use my time wisely while away on business and I can't think of a better way than to brush up on flying skills.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thx

tail time.

Matt,
My RV-4, though unfinished, is located at the Abbotsford airport. I'll ask around and see if someone can provide you with some tail time.

Thanks Philip.

You can contact me at [email protected]

If you'll be around the airport that weekend maybe I can't take a look at your 4.

It was the 4 that got me interested in the Vans line of aircraft. I saw one on TV some years back (either Discovery or MTV) and the pilot, who was also the presenter, was flying around Nevada or Arizona. Anyhow, he made the news again when flying his girlfriend from Vegas back to Los Angeles he went inverted...for too long, and the engine cut. He made a dead stick landing on a long lonely road. Made the news and his girlfriend got a car ride back! But the plane looked amazing sitting on the road in the desert. The flying qualities and looks sold me, like for a lot of RV builders and owners is suspect.

At 6'3" the 8 fits my frame better.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best

Back