What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hobbs Meter: 4,000 hours!

Rosie

Well Known Member
Hi all,
Today was a big day for me in a couple of ways, but this was a HIGHLIGHT that occurred about an hour out from landing at Punta Cana (MDPC) in the Dominican Republic:

4000_RV_hours.jpg

And 0.9 hours later, I landed in the Dominican Republic, after having flown 3989 miles from California to get here:

Caribbean_150.jpg

I would like to claim, before the entire VAF community, that I am, hands-down, the title of highest time BUILDER/OWNER of a single RV that has reached 4,000 hours on the hobbs meter!!!!

Yes, I know...there are pilots with this many RV flying hours in their logbook e.g. Kahuna, Turbo, Seagar, Van...I'm not talking total flying hours...I'm talking BUILDER/OWNER hours! It took nearly 15 years to get here...but I did. Let the discussion begin :D Rosie

Vlad

Doesn't Vlad do 4000 hours in a year?:D

Fantastic accomplishment and enjoyed telling stories with you at Hard 8 Rosie!

Congrats. Just saw your wife's nickname. My wife's actual name is the same (without the 'gal').

So, who put the other 400 hrs on the RV?

Charlie
Slobovia Outernational (MS71)

Congratulations Rosie, a well deserved crown... Have a Marvelous time in the Dominican rep.. You staying at the Hooters resort in La Romina

Jack

I would like to claim, before the entire VAF community, that I am, hands-down, the title of highest time BUILDER/OWNER of a single RV that has reached 4,000 hours on the hobbs meter!!!!

Yes, I know...there are pilots with this many RV flying hours in their logbook e.g. Kahuna, Turbo, Seagar, Van...I'm not talking total flying hours...I'm talking BUILDER/OWNER hours! It took nearly 15 years to get here...but I did. Let the discussion begin :D Rosie

Good thing you put 'single' in there. HA!
A great accomplishment Rosie. Ive seen you fly. Thats a lot of abuse on a plane. :) Keep sharing with others your plane findings as you go along. Its a valuable resource for others.

you are the man of the hour. ;) thats a lot of miles over the ground. a testament to the planes we fly. keep up the good flying. congrats! and keep filling those fuel tanks. :eek:
b44bedae62d61b501db5ee136cbd674e.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Rosie.
From first flight some 15 years ago to the 4000 hour mark on your grand trip is indeed note worthy.
That being said, have a safe flight from here on out.

Congrats Rosie!

Doug should make up a badge to put next to your "signature" when someone hits a milestone...1000, 2000, 3000,...etc...

Like the military used to have 1000 hour patches.

It could be a VAF badge of "motivation" of sorts!

I hit 4000 hours last week....(or so it feels like these days)... In that cubical prison of work. It is really cramping my style as I slide past the 225 hr club in my 4 yr old -8 :(

Rosie,

As has been said many times, you are an inspiration... Sounds like a magazine feature article is waiting... Paul are you listening?

Travel safe... congratulations,

Victor

If you use an average speed of 160mph that is over 640,000 miles. Wow!

Or roughly 25 times around the earth!

-Dan

4000 hrs

Incredible Rosie - what a mark to lay down. Many congratulations and continue to fly safely. For certain you'll have fun!

Great job Rosie. AT my current rate of flying, in 15 years my RV will only have about half that. Awesome Job.

Perseverance and craftsmanship

Congratulations for building a great plane and having the perseverance to fly her for 15 years and 4,000 hours. :)

The worst thing you can do to an airplane is to let it sit.

Rosie cannot be accused of that!

Inspiration

Sometimes we find inspiration in places we least expected it.
Thanks Rosie... for that find.
Well done.

Rosie, congrats on the milestone ----------- you are setting the bar pretty high for others to match.

I wonder how many of those hours are due to giving rides to folks who were interested/checking out the RV line??

Awesome Rosie and Tuppergal, awesome!

Congratulations, Rosie! If you get some kind of award, I think Tuppergal should get one, too! I'm wondering how many of those 4,000 hours included her, too! :)

Rosie, Congratulations. I estimate that you've easily spend over $150,000 in Av Gas in the RV. Travel Safe. You always have access to our honeymoon suite and hangar at Stoney Point (6GA0) if needed. You've convinced me that its time to plan another long over water international flight. Love the Caymans.

Congratulations Rosie! One **** of an accomplishment.

I've not been flying much the last couple of years but I'm all geared up now with a new altitude hold and soon to be arriving navworx ads-b in/out.

Watch out. On my current path, I'll either get to 4,000 hours or 100 years old. :eek:

I do like the idea of a badge for every 1000 miles.

Thanks so much Dan! Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, Rosie!

I've followed you building and flying experiences over the past 19 years and have always been impressed! This is an accomplishment! I am closing in on my first 100 hours on my RV-6 since its first flight 5/31/15. My goal is to fly it as many hours as I spent building. I need to fly more often!

Thanks for raising the bar! Congratulations!

Thank you for the kind words Gary! Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

That is an amazing milestone. One few people will be able to achieve. I tip my hat to you!

DW

Congrats Rosie!

I remember working on the RV in the basement and reading Rosie's travel stories and couldn't wait to get to the Caribbean. It was all worth it.

I'm over 800 hours on the RV Hobbs after about 7 years so it looks like I'm shooting for a "Half-Rosie".

Andy

I guess I need to step it up. This first year of flying the RV-9A I have just put 100 hours on it. At this rate I'll be pushing 93 years old to get 4000 hours!

Back