What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show me your AFP Boost Pump mounts

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I did a few searches but came up short on good pictures. I was planning on using two padded hose clamps but wantes to to how everyone else has done it on a 6.

Thanks,
D

Last edited:
One data point

What plane is this for? On my 7, I just used the standard Vans design of direct mount into a small saddle with two hose type clamps. With a passive noise suppression headset it can still be heard but only until the engine starts.

What advantage is gained by a soft mount, in automotive it is for sound/noise control? Just for consideration: it may permit movement and with aluminum tube connections it just adds to potential for fatigue, it weights something, may creep and may not stay tight.

Pix available.

Update, I was eating CROW> Vans OP21 shows some rubber channel on the ears of the cradle for the pump and the filter. I had forgotten that, and fixated on the padded hose clamps. So- Vans does have some resilience in the mount.

Here is my mount plate. I had to relocate the saddles to fit the Andair valve. They are the same axial & vertical location, but squeezed together slightly.

uEewBXNNW_o8pm-Ac2EEmghwCaFXxHr6uOSD-1Pz52cnlkleS8WNFgzQRlr0_sg5g_ipWYOUvgwhtA6nDyBJUWIvxla-qvBr41xtv4AZ_T1cRPPwjGgFOfRmRbe-11D6ODspn62Sv2dm9NBtF2Eg3eTXE7kt7dEjp0qL2Uyu5zZcWnL6iOTiDaothrpEbrl2zOyXXVW4fAE57meSEZyCOiA1eaNHVdLMVQBpOaJSd3OLy0GayW9piwzzoH2kydzayFOwycUiHb2fylUgNIz78qe-EY0bPscDswkzwTDIcGndhrjaS6EUDkthUiFsu6wevIqr7Nt3SmLCn-E-fSZtwusgx2A-x5ArQx1dwgIy3fZPfgtaXoHqAO00kZ6XJp__d5H8Febwf-zuKEoeQRylquMe2z3pwxpojGrZxqMcSAx8GYfGU8rszOeGj2zdBGjHKWo2Iu8-yg55ZuJAlhBnWfx7LqRWwIMv2uCmoB8TbISd2yswwB3ZtJx9VCp7w26GaNRKhcVoUfVILCjgHWtafyFI2c14MQ7uy-qlbMrKjD5EQsIqJkACnkBJwfgKQhu-vgH_vNWNJgZo8aRkJmILSppCYaTWoL-wzofgpFUx6cat12Cveo5E5b7fcfVhENj208rMxE9C03Z2BzLP0N49XmVFU_iXBXHOmQqWwH6L0uoF7vYByNjkX5-qpL1mWdqDVUk1yB8809mClU4Vqw=w800

Last edited:
Almost Standard Install in 9A with Andair Selector Switch

Here's how it turned out in mine. I used the Andair fuel selector switch instead of the Van's, and being that I have electric elevator trim I bend the flange forward of the switch (where the manual trim knob would be installed) to a 90? and tucked it into the pump housing.

Good Luck!

20150329_161723-M.jpg

20150329_161735-M.jpg

20150405_111340-M.jpg

It's not connected to the base

If I remember correctly, the piece of base sheet metal has cutouts and bends to "cradle" the pump assembly and filter. The band clamp goes underneath the cutouts/cradle and up and around the components. Van's supplied pieces of rubber sheet to provide cushion between the base and the components.

Vans #F7115A

is the pump mount. See OP21 for the optional plans for the boost pump. Even though its drawn for the old version pump, it still works for the newer version pump too.
Tom

If I remember correctly, the piece of base sheet metal has cutouts and bends to "cradle" the pump assembly and filter. The band clamp goes underneath the cutouts/cradle and up and around the components. Van's supplied pieces of rubber sheet to provide cushion between the base and the components.

That is correct, I added a photo above, the cradle ears have a piece of rubber channel on which to sit the pump and filter.

is the pump mount. See OP21 for the optional plans for the boost pump. Even though its drawn for the old version pump, it still works for the newer version pump too.
Tom

Thanks, Tom, I looked at this and found it does show a rubber mount in cross section and in the materials list.

Back