What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

7000 ft. grass strip, steaks and lakes!

traynhr

The 7th annual Triple Tree Fly-In is scheduled for Sept. 4-8. Triple Tree Aerodrome (SC00), located near Woodruff, SC, is a one-of-a-kind facility featuring a 7,000x400 ft super- smooth grass runway, virtually unlimited beautiful camping facilities, bathhouse facilities with private shower and dressing provisions and granite countertops, six miles of hiking trails, fishing lakes, event low cost fuel, restored WWII control tower and other beautiful facilities. This fly-in is different. Triple Tree is the home of Fun, Fellowship and Hospitality. This event, rather than centering on a particular product or air show, focuses on the people, planes and the PASSION for aviation. Please tell your friends and plan to join us! www.tripletreeaerodrome.com

Rob,
At first glance, I saw "snakes" instead of "steaks"!:eek: Must be dislexic! :D Hope to see you there.

I have never been to Triple Tree, but it looks like a very nice place to go anytime. Granite counter tops in the shower house and private - holy smokes. And they do it for $10 a night. I know it isn't SNF or AV, but it sure is a more affordable fly in to go to. I bet many that go to them go mostly to meet friends and make new ones. Once I get flying, I am going to check this place out.

*Mannan - I wish I was going to be there. It was great meeting and talking to you at SNF.

Attended Triple Tree a few years ago with some of the ZPH boys. Had a really good time especially on BBQ night where you get your steaks purchased from the local butcher truck & you grill it on the largest grill I've ever seen. It must have been close to 20 feet long. They provide all the other setups for you.

I met some great VAF folks.

I hope to return this year if my Idaho trip fairs well.

There are only two fly-in events on Ms Patti's personal "you will take me" list, Triple Tree and Petit Jean...which should tell you something.

Given good weather the 08A bunch will be back with the party parachute. Bring your chair and join us.

2z8cmde.jpg

This is the previously mentioned grille:

odytd.jpg

Plenty of room:

2u97kth.jpg

Back