What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F1 Rocket interior

hom409

folderview

After redoing the panel, it was time to get a new interior. I could not find a kit specific to the F1 or Harmon Rocket. Classic Aero specializes in the Vans series but not for our planes. I flew down to meet Fred at CYCW airport where he took detail measurements including proper lumbar location. The difference from my previous interior is night and day.

The side panel are made of a grey Suede with zip up pockets (lesson learned after a few impromptu rolls). The front seat back panel has a large magazine pocket after my wife said she needed a place to put stuff away. The seats are made of multi density foams with grey and black leather. Carpet and black stick boot covers to finish it all off. Lastly, a small strap to hold my headsets and a beautiful glare shield cover. The glare shield really upscale the look.

If anyone needs an interior, Port Interiors out of Chilliwack BC were amazing. Everything was shipped to my door and nicely packed. They normally deal with much larger corporate aircraft but will do small planes.

DM if you need their contact info. They have all the templates from my F1 but ideally a flight to Chilliwack would be best for them to custom everything.

Looks great! Refined and utilitarian. A couple of questions:

I noticed the 180lbs max weight placard for passenger and baggage. Is that the typical limitation for a Rocket?

Also, are those beautiful, zippered side pockets custom fabricated or procured? (I want some!)

Thanks,

Dean

Looks great! Refined and utilitarian.
I noticed the 180lbs max weight placard for passenger and baggage. Is that the typical limitation for a Rocket?

Thanks,
Dean

No. It caught my eye also. I could take darn near anything that I could put in the backseat.

OTOH, it eliminates the bubbas from wanting a ride, which can be a plus. :D

Back