What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Caterpillar edging

patterson

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm trying to locate a nifty edging material. Its small, u shaped and forms around holes and edges of thin aluminum. It has little triangle edges that mold around metal. I used this inside my -4 for edge covering. Its like a flexible grommet.
Anybody know what this might be called? And where to get it?
Thanks

Last edited:
Your mileage may vary but I've had some on order from Spruce for about a month and it still shows out of stock. They're claiming it will be back in mid Sept so I have hope ....

You mean like this? It's called "grommet edge".

GEE62F-C.jpg

I think what you are looking for is available from Vans for only $1 per 12 inch strip. They call it GROMMET STRIP 12" MS21266-1N (Search for Grommet in Van's online store - searching for the part number doesn't work. ) Looks like the same thing as shown on the ACS link above, only in white color, and for a lot less money.

I have found that it works best when attached with either super glue or 5 min. epoxy.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Your mileage may vary but I've had some on order from Spruce for about a month and it still shows out of stock. They're claiming it will be back in mid Sept so I have hope ....

This has been happening to me a lot lately and the dates they claim just keep getting pushed back a week each time... Very frustrating.

How small a hole can this stuff be used in? What's the smallest diameter?

Could it be used in a 1.5" diameter hole?

Got it

thanks for the quick responses. Aircraft Spruce has varying sizes to fit .025 metal and higher. Just ordered the smallest for what I need.

Back