What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your inflight self-portrait!

Over Michigan at 10,000 ft. in the Bonanza on my way to Washington D.C.

Last edited:
Jerry Thorne

Flying over Georgia at 10,500 MSL on a 1-day round trip to Florida. You can read all about it beginning on my web site at this link:

http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a236.htm#May12

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A - - N2PZ
Hobbs = 232.0 hours

DSCS0060.JPG

Last edited:
Me and my Amiga

This is at over Idaho. Me and my CoPilot in life and in the plane and the car...boat?

img2792wn7.jpg

Note the "Sun Blocker" over the canopy. I loved it. I did put sunscreen on my skin. We did not get the full blast of the sun. No Farmers/pilots sun tan.
I made the roof cover from "Front window Car Shades" cut to size and attached it with suction cups.....cheap and effective ;)

RV-Grin

These folks don't look like they are having fun. What happened to the RV Grin? Perhaps they forgot to put the foam in the seat bottoms.

finally took one

Finally got around to snapping a pic. Took this on my way home (to my hometown) in Northeast Ohio (Youngstown - Elser, 4G4). To date it is my longest trip in the RV. Made it home about 2.5 hours quicker in the RV than it does by flying the airlines nonstop to KPIT, KCAK, or KCLE. This is mostly due to the fact that my parents live 1 hour away from any of those 'big' airports. But it felt great flying home in something I built. Got to give a few RV rides to family and friends. Little trip writeup here

sew_20070623-123106.jpg

Last edited:
Above the skies of Kansas

SandiMattJuly2007.JPG

Ray Doerr snapped this photo from his RV-10 on our way back from the EAA 88 breakfast in El Dorado, KS.

Self Portrait

Here are some self portraits, I think on the way to Mackinac... Click on the pics for larger views.

Last edited:
Thanks

I was glad it came out so well.

Its not easy flying upside down and taking your own pic...:)...Note how the outside world is caught in the reflection of my sunglasses...:)

Frank 7a

RE:Training

Frank 1

Am I to infer that your acro training is complete or are you just going it alone :eek:

Frank2 @ sgu RV7A Wiring FWB just about complete!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank 2

fstringham7a said:
Frank 1

Am I to infer that your acro training is complete or are you just going it alone :eek:

Frank2 @ sgu RV7A Wiring FWB just about complete!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes training is complete...:)..and let me tell you this thing is FUN!!!!

Frank 1

Here is a pic of my wife Ann and I. It is her first ride in my 8 in more than 2 yrs...she is nervous about flying still. Needless to say it was a great day as we flew from Manistee to Pellston MI for lunch. Truly a great flight and we saw the terrific colors of fall!

p1020831ww6.jpg

She enjoyed the flight so much....she took self portraits without me knowing...Here is another...

p1020828wd0.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my wife Ann and I. It is her first ride in my 8 in more than 2 yrs...she is nervous about flying still. Needless to say it was a great day as we flew from Manistee to Pellston MI for lunch. Truly a great flight and we saw the terrific colors of fall!

p1020831ww6.jpg

Here is another she took without me in it....my passenger enjoying her ride!

p1020828wd0.jpg

Test flying VH-XPD

img0027bt2.jpg

img0025xt4.jpg

We made the first flight of VH-XPD #72804 on OCT 4 and I am presently flying off the test phase 1. All is going well with the Aerosportpower IO-360 M1, Dual LSE II+, MT 3 blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self portrait

A dark and dreary November day during Phase 1 flight testing (no it wasn't night, just VERY overcast and especially dark while upside down)! Isn't this what your supposed to be doing at around 38 hours with all the flight testing completed??

So long to Phase 1... onto Phase 2 and passengers...
First passenger ride went to the wife on 12-15-2007...

Travis
RV-7A 44+ hours as of 12/27/2007!
Lake Elmo Airport (21D)

A Happy Daddy

Here is my daughter, Diana, and I returning from lunch in Winder, Georgia. Our bellies are full of fish 'n chips from the Spitfire Deli!

dianaanddadws0.jpg

Last edited:
My avatar!

That's me and my wife in the upper left hand corner of this post. We're in a Tecnam P-92 Super Echo LSA over Sebring, FL. I will post a new picture from an RV-12 one day.:)

Does it have to be in an RV. Because this will have to do until I get back from Ecuador and pick up the new -8.

241toi9.jpg

5eelmw.jpg

"undisclosed location South Pacific"

RE:Handsome

Frank1

You know you have always looked good at a distance!!!!!!:D

The plane looks great close up as well!!!!!!!!!:)

Your SGU friend

Frank2 @ SGU soon to be 1L8...last 1001 details

A True Survivor

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2453/dsc02835ab9.jpg

On Sept 15th, 2007, My daughter Meagan (16yrs old at the time) was hit head-on by another car that went left of center and struck her car at a combined speed of over 105 MPH. I personally drove the the accident site, as she was trapped in her car for over an hour and 15 min. It seems like yesterday; the sound of the helicopter, wreckage strewn everywhere and rescue crews trying to extract her from the wreckage behind a white sheet. Her injuries reminded me of some of the patients I had previously flown out of Iraq and I knew it would be a long struggle back. As family and friends prayed for her continued recovery our prayers have been answered. I admire her strength as she has endured two operations, many metal parts in her body, and through it all she has prevailed. She is back in school again full time (honor student) as of february and is back in sports again (track). Today, the first time in a long time she went flying with me. Here is her picture. I love you Meagan.. Daddy

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1772/dsc02835jl3.jpg

img0002ve4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome

Most Awesome Post.....thanks for sharing!!

On Sept 15th, 2007, My daughter Meagan (16yrs old at the time) was hit head-on by another car that went left of center and struck her car at a combined speed of over 105 MPH. I personally drove the the accident site, as she was trapped in her car for over an hour and 15 min. It seems like yesterday; the sound of the helicopter, wreckage strewn everywhere and rescue crews trying to extract her from the wreckage behind a white sheet. Her injuries reminded me of some of the patients I had previously flown out of Iraq and I knew it would be a long struggle back. As family and friends prayed for her continued recovery our prayers have been answered. I admire her strength as she has endured two operations, many metal parts in her body, and through it all she has prevailed. She is back in school again full time (honor student) as of february and is back in sports again (track). Today, the first time in a long time she went flying with me. Here is her picture. I love you Meagan.. Daddy

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2453/dsc02835ab9.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1772/dsc02835jl3.jpg

img0002ve4.jpg

Go Meagan!...An inspiration for us all!

Thanks for sharing!

Frank

Back