What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF cable management and protection

Amazon-1

I am diligently working on all the wiring FWF on my RV-14A.

I don't remember this many wires in the engine compartment on my last two planes (I am sure they were there, I just don't remember them).

Manifold pressure, fuel pressure, fuel flow, oil pressure, oil temperature, field wire for primary and standby alternator. P mag wires (pwr, lead, ground, tach signal), small gauge wire for starter (no idea exactly what it does), power shunt

I am interested in tips and product recommendations to protect and manage all the wires forward of the firewall. I know that Tefzel wire is good to 300F, but it seems that it would be a good idea to further protect these wires. I definitely will not use electrical tape, but some car builders on YouTube talk about using loom tape. There are also several internet sellers that have sleeves (example www.wirecare.com).

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on this topic?

thanks,

1/2" to 1" diameters try this [or similar - several competitors]: Performance Heat Sheath Aluminized Sleeving for Ultimate Heat Shield Protection Barrier 3/4" x 72" (6ft) -- Amazon. Also: Summit, Pegasus racing....

for chafing/ general bundling, PTFE spiral works great - but $1+/ ft plus ship unless your buddy has a roll in the hangar [I'll sell you some at 1/2 that]

Back