What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced Flight Systems panel in Southern California

Lemos

Does anyone have an Advanced Flight Systems panel that I can see somewhere in Southern California?

I am looking at an airplane with that panel and I would like to see it in person before traveling halfway across the country to view the potential aircraft I may buy.

Any feedback on the panel would be good too. Reliable? Easy to use? Any problems?

Al-

You're welcome to connect with me to see my RV-9A with an AFS panel. Based in Fallbrook, but get around to various airports in the area..

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_9115.jpg
    IMG_9115.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 164
I'm at Whiteman with 2 10" touchscreens and AFS Pilot autopilot in my 6. I love this panel. I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with any EFIS system, and I like that the AFS has a lot of buttons and knobs and very shallow menus. It's intuitive to use. Charts are relatively cheap at $100/year and you don't have to buy them if you don't need them. I use the map data which is free updates from AFS 95% or more of the time. The only downside to EFIS that I can see is that there is so much info that you have to make a point of prying your eyes away and look outside.

Ed Holyoke

Back