What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot / static lines

Stewbronco

Well Known Member
Ok ...on the premise there are no stupid questions ,here goes ! Redoing pitot / static lines .....existing lines are clear vinyl " aquarium " tubing 3/8" diameter that adapts down to the 1/4" plastic line that is basically same stuff as fridge ice maker uses . Adapts down only for last few inches of the length and to provide enough branches to supply all the pitot static requirements.......Routing the larger line in the fuselage is more difficult due to its size and the radius of bends necessary not to kink the tubing . Any reason I couldn't adapt down to the 1/4" tubing outside the fuselage in the wing root area
?? With the Steinair push lock fittings it beomes very much easier to route that smaller tube in the fuselage . Will be supplying existing Garmin 3X touch / normal altimeter and ASI and new uvonisc AV -20 E Thanks in advance and apologizes for perhaps a very uninformed basis for the question Cheers. Stew

Last edited:
Any reason I couldn't adapt down to the 1/4" tubing outside the fuselage in the wing root area

I think that it is pretty much the standard to use the 1/4" nylon or PP tubing thoughout. It is what I did on both of my planes. I got my fittings from McMaster, but Stein and others have them as well.

Some suggest that the aviation style fittings with the screw on tops (similar in look to a copper tube fitting) are less prone to leaking, though I have had no leakage issues with the PTC style.

Larry

Last edited:
Back