What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SureFly Operation

BlndRvtr

Well Known Member
If I want to check out my Slick-style ignition harness with my SureFly SIM, can I simply set the electrically powered SureFly to the #1 firing position and expect to see the sparkplug fire, assuming the plug is grounded?

The SureFly is not dependent on rotation for spark generation, like a traditional Slick mag, correct?

George

If I want to check out my Slick-style ignition harness with my SureFly SIM, can I simply set the electrically powered SureFly to the #1 firing position and expect to see the sparkplug fire, assuming the plug is grounded?

The SureFly is not dependent on rotation for spark generation, like a traditional Slick mag, correct?

George

The Surefly rotation is configured using the internal DIP switch configuration described in the installation manual. The Slick ignition cap can only be installed in one orientation, which guarantees the correct spark plug firing order.

If you have the SIM on a bench with the harness installed and spark plugs grounded, you should see the #1 plug fire.

Thank you, just the info I was looking for.
I'm building a whole new Slick harness from scratch with screw-in leads, so I wanted to confirm which distributor block terminal is for #1 cyl.

George

Can't you attach a standard Slick harness to the SureFly and find which post the lead marked "1" is going to? The harness is made so the screws will only line up with the holes on the SureFly the correct way.

Or am I missing something.....

Last edited:
That's a great idea, but I don't have any Slick harnesses to refer to. This my first venture outside the Bendix mag family.

George

Back