What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Need VS

spriteah

Hi fellow builders.

I hit a hurdle today. I am working on VS Page 06-05. Under step 3 it says Rivet VS-1208 and there are two parts being MS21051-L3 to be attached during the riveting.

When I line up the MS parts the 2 holes for a standard LP4-3 rivet on the sides (single tab) shown on drawing Figure 2 appear to be a long way out of alignment. I could flex them to line up but it does not look right.

Anyone remember this step and have a similar non alignment?

Jim.

To clarify the holes that do not seem to line up are the ones on the bottom of Fig 2 which state "Leave Open".

Jim.

Last edited:
06-05

Jim,
I agree that those holes do not line up correctly. The solution is to elongate the slot next to the tab about 1/16" using a 1/8" round file and deburr. Doing this will allow the tab to be bent to meet the hole without over stressing the sheet metal.
Joe

Last edited:
Great thanks for the info. Was thinking Im miss reading instructions. I will send vans an email.

Cheers,

Jim.

Hi fellow builders.

I hit a hurdle today. I am working on VS Page 06-05. Under step 3 it says Rivet VS-1208 and there are two parts being MS21051-L3 to be attached during the riveting.

When I line up the MS parts the 2 holes for a standard LP4-3 rivet on the sides (single tab) shown on drawing Figure 2 appear to be a long way out of alignment. I could flex them to line up but it does not look right.

Anyone remember this step and have a similar non alignment?

Jim.

Take a look at this page

http://www.joesrv12.com/Builder Log/bl_06_05.htm

Back