What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-320 Intake tube compatibility

sbalmos

Well Known Member
This might be a bit obscure... I have an IO-320-E1A with an E2A sump. In the parts catalog, the intake tubes are Lycoming parts 61363, 61364, and 61365. There are no sources I can find that have these tubes new-old-stock. And most I can find are pulls from wrecks, on eBay.

More commonly available is the 74084 tube, readily available in many forms from multiple suppliers, but is listed in the parts catalog for the D series 320s.

Anyone know if it's possible to use 74084s on my E1A/E2A rather than hunting down for usually-rusted used 6136x's? Tracking through the D and E series engines and the different oil sumps, I don't see where dimensionally they'd be different. :confused:

There are subtle differences where the servo/carb flange is located on some different models, some a bit forward compared to others, this might account for different part#s, different shapes.

This might be a bit obscure... I have an IO-320-E1A with an E2A sump. In the parts catalog, the intake tubes are Lycoming parts 61363, 61364, and 61365. There are no sources I can find that have these tubes new-old-stock. And most I can find are pulls from wrecks, on eBay.

More commonly available is the 74084 tube, readily available in many forms from multiple suppliers, but is listed in the parts catalog for the D series 320s.

Anyone know if it's possible to use 74084s on my E1A/E2A rather than hunting down for usually-rusted used 6136x's? Tracking through the D and E series engines and the different oil sumps, I don't see where dimensionally they'd be different. :confused:
I can supply you with a good set of the early tubes but I’d rather supply you with the latter sump which provides much better flow distribution. Give me a call and I’ll give you mor info.
760-805-6641

Back