What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Photos - Volunteer & Vendor Appreciation Day

Great photos !

I have to confess, i thought the "guy on the right" was holding a toilet seat booster :confused:

I realize now it's a hat. :D

Great photos !
I have to confess, i thought the "guy on the right" was holding a toilet seat booster :confused:

Sorry. They made me take off my hat so you could see the people behind me.

Great photos !

_DSC4148.JPG

I'm not Texan myself but I have studied them for years. It seems that one essential for a Texas vehicle is that one must be able to operate it while wearing the cowboy hat. Mel, in his inspector role, needed that toilet seat booster to make that determination. From the above photo you can see that the RV-1 can indeed be operated legally in Texas.

Last edited:
Mel, thanks for having a good sense of humor ! :)

I'm from "back east" and "another era". I wear a Fedora :cool:

Wish could have attended the event. Looks like a lot of good stories were swapped.

Last edited:
I want to thank Ernie for pushing events like this, and making them happen! Not only did it give the community a chance to see the airplane up close and watch it fly - it was just a great reason to give everyone to fly their RV's and have lunch together.

I especially want to thank a few folks who wrote donation checks and handed them quietly to Louise. The airplane is flying again primarily due to donations of time by many, many volunteers, and to donations of hardware and services by many of the vendors that support eh RV community at large. Now, the airplane is going on tour. It will be toured by volunteers. Pilots won't be pair, and the most they can expect is a night in someone's guest room before they catch a lift home (by someone who is donating their time, airplane, and fuel....).

The RV-1 is going to require gas, oil, and routine maintenance as it tours the country - anyone who has flown an RV on a nationwide cross-country for four months will know that it is going to add up! What's that old movie line? "You know what makes your rocket planes go up? Funding! No bucks, no Buck Rogers!" Well.....there are lots of people in our community that are hoping to see the airplane on tour - please think about going to the web page and making a donation. The airplane is real. The tour is happening - with your support!

Paul

Hey, I deal with RVers every day. How could I NOT have a sense of humor?

How could a guy that appears to be 5'-6" need a toilet seat booster? LOL

Back