What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aera 760 to gns430w. HELP!!!

titanhank

Well Known Member
Hi guys. I hope this finds a garmin expert. I bought an aera 760 and bare wire kit. I am trying to get it to talk to my gns400w like all the advertising literature from garmin says. They advertise the 760 can send bi directional flight plan data between either units. I have the systems wired together on rs 232 #2. The 760 has mapmx and the gns400w only has mapmx out. Does anyone have any idea how the 760 and the gns panel mount systems were wired, tested and what communication protocols were used? I called garmin support. They have no idea at this point and said they would get back to me. I need to contact the guy who wired the 760 to a gns and got it to send flightplan info both directions. Hopefully someone from garmins geek squad will have some answers.

Thanks
Hank

WARNING!!! The aera 760 will NOT send flight plan info to a garmin 430w/530w via serial cable. I have just spent a week on the phone with garmin tech support resolving this issue. They finally determined it will not work as advertised and are in the process of changing their worldwide marketing info for the aera 760. It is still a great unit, but it will only receive flight plan info via serial connection with mapmx protocols. The gns 430w series unit do not have mapmx on the in side of any serial port connection. Garmin is working on a way to make it right with me personally, but it will not be advertised in the future for having bi-directional flight plan transfer capabilities for legacy gns series navigators.

Back