What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can't see Dynon files in Savvy's site

Godo

Hi,

Since I came accross the SavvyAnalysis.com site, I've been uploading all my flights. Approx two months ago, I started to have difficulties in visualizing the files: They would still load as usual, but files won't be displayed.

I went through the Excel file and I figured that the column "GPS Date & Time" does not have the usual date and time format, but a simple "UNKNOWN_DATE_TIME". Rest of data fields are OK.

As date and time are supposed to be downloaded directly form the GPS signal I suspected a system error, so I've updated my classic Skyview to the latest 15.3.3 release, but did not solve the problem.

Just checked the Dynon forums and found a couple of guys with the same symptoms but (like me) without ideas for resolution.

Did anyone experienced the same? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Godo

If you use Excel, don't save the file afterwards. It will mangle the contents which will give you exactly what you are experiencing. If you want to strip something out of the log files, use a regular text editor (like notepad) and delete whole lines only.

Thanks!

I just received the following message from Dynon Support:

Early manufacture GPS 250 built before 2012 have been affected by the GPS Rollover date of April 6, 2019. Symptoms include no date or time being listed in the GPS Fix Status page and clock displayed on SkyView displays is shown as dashes with no valid time. Note: Displays with backup battery installed might still show the date and time, but other problems like winds aloft errors, etc. might exist. Here are the links
to the software to correct this issue.

SkyView Classic

SkyView HDX800

SkyView HDX1100

Really efficient support!

Godo

Latest Update for this Issue

So I emailed Dynon to see if the link provided was still relevant...come to find out there's been ANOTHER update for this problem.

I've tried to copy/post the link address, but for some reason is not copying.

Contact Dynon to get the files/links sent to you for the latest versions.

RS

May 17, 2:16 PM PDT

Hello,
Here are the links to SkyView Software Ver. 15.4.4.5456. This version corrects the GPS rollover issue which caused early vintage GPS 250 antenna / receivers to report an invalid time and date to SkyView. Anyone with an early GPS 250 should load this software to correct the issue. Even users who installed the first fix software Ver. 15.4.3.5287 should load this software as that version had an error which caused the date and time to become invalid after May 6th.

Another Fix

So I emailed Dynon to see if the link provided was still relevant...come to find out there's been ANOTHER update for this problem.

I've tried to copy/post the link address, but for some reason is not copying.

Contact Dynon to get the files/links sent to you for the latest versions.

RS

May 17, 2:16 PM PDT

Hello,
Here are the links to SkyView Software Ver. 15.4.4.5456. This version corrects the GPS rollover issue which caused early vintage GPS 250 antenna / receivers to report an invalid time and date to SkyView. Anyone with an early GPS 250 should load this software to correct the issue. Even users who installed the first fix software Ver. 15.4.3.5287 should load this software as that version had an error which caused the date and time to become invalid after May 6th.

This is true, there is indeed a fix for the fix so to speak. There was a math rounding error in the first fix software that again caused the date and time to be invalid. We do have another version out to correct that issue.

SkyView HDX 1100

SkyView HDX 800

SkyView Classic and Touch

It works!

Thanks Don,

Loaded the patch, tested, and the files are 100% operational again.
Great support, thanks!

Godo

THANKS, but I couldn't get the link to download the update file. Is there another way to download the update file?

:confused:

When the 2020 came out, I put one on the -10 and kept the 250 in service as a backup. Does the fix work in that situation?

Back