What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Upper cowl inlet ducts

Trevor778

Well Known Member
Good afternoon all. I am looking for a little guidance on installation of the upper cowl inlet ducts. I have engine installed, cowls fit, baffles finished. Basically firewall forward is complete minus these ducts and the oil door. How are these ducts supposed to fit with the baffle seals? As things stand now the baffle seals the top cowl, so are the seals supposed to seat under the ducts? Or, should I fit the ducts, glass them in then trim my baffles to match the duct installation? Looking at others photos the forward part of the baffles have been cut down much more than mine.

Time to sit back and have a beer. Usually that helps, but if anyone can point me in a direction that would be great!

Trevor

....Time to sit back and have a beer. Usually that helps, but if anyone can point me in a direction that would be great!
Trevor

There might be one in your fridge, or try the local liqueur store. Or perhaps a friendly neighbor might have one.

Dave

https://www.overthehills.com/RV-9A-Project, the go to pages for anything/everything, IMHO, used his site often and still do just to see what he did.

I too used this build log when I did mine.

I have seen one person glass them in and then fit the baffle but most do not. Mine fit up along the ramps. At the bottom they fit nicely along the ramp and towards the top I would say a little more on the sides of the ramps. This is a difficult area to get right and you will do a fair amount of head scratching on this section... Unfortunately it is a very difficult section to describe.

The ramps should be staggered since #1 and #2 are at different distances. try to get the best seal possible. Nothing more to add.

Back