What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

C-763 / C-762 Rear Slider Track Finishing

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
Do most people leave the rear slider track assembly as just bare aluminum? I'm assuming the paint would just wear off over time if it was painted like the rest of the exterior.

I would leave the track bare aluminum, as the slider block will eventually wear through the paint anyway.
Also, you might consider adding the Flyboys Supertracks kit, by far the best mod that I have done to my bird.

Last edited:
Primed spacer

So I primed both parts before assembly. I plan to wipe off the primer with laquer thinner on the outside of the track during final prep. I wanted primer on the spacer and between the two pieces in case there turned out to be a gap that would wick water into.

I was also thinking of adding a gap in the spcer before final assembly so the once assembled, there will be a hole clode to the canopy rear edge when closed. This will allow a canopy lock to be used in the future.

Last edited:
Tracks

I ordered all the canopy weldments bare. After fitting the weldments, side tracks, top rail and Supertracks were all powdercoated. Even the latch was powdercoated. Not sure how it will all hold up but it looks good.

Back