What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Know someone for transponder/alt cert?

Icarus

Well Known Member
Anyone know a good "guy" for a transponder and static certification? Really like to avoid shops as I like to be hands on in the process, and the gentleman I used last time has become hard to schedule with reliability.

Paul,

Have you tried Ray Allen? He travels to many airports in the SE and provides the service. He did my -7A a few months ago and was easy to work with but charged 1.5 the usual fee because I have a backup AD-AHRS, which also had to be tested.

We use Volusia Aviation here in North FL. They are great to work with. Text me and I can send you their contact. I doubt they work in Savannah, but you could hop down to them most likely. You?d be welcome to come to X35 and schedule them to meet you here. They charge $295 for an IFR Cert and a little extra if they have to test an extra altimeter.

This guy does mine in Asheville:

Schedule IFR certifications at your airport - Altimeters and Transponders
FAR 91.411 and FAR 91.413
Contact Richard Ellington
(704) 701-4512
[email protected]

stinson46 a member here on VAF has as shop in Causey NC just West of KRDU @ 2A5 . He's a good guy gave me my intro ride in his 8

Back