What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is Duckworks reputable?

dwranda

Well Known Member
I placed an order from Duckworks a week ago for the blank install kit and haven't heard a thing from them. Emailed them 2 days ago asking about my order with no response yet. Is this normal for them?

Can't answer about the communication issue you seem to be experiencing, but as to your general question, yes Duckworks is very reputable. Hundreds, if not thousands, of RVs have their leading edge light kits installed.

Thanks, I guess in this day and age of instant communication it seems strange to hear nothing for a week. Totally the opposite of my experience so far with flyleds. Paul from flyleds has been an awesome communicator. Really want to get my leading edges cut and get them on the wing!!!

In this day and age you should not consider email a reliable communication channel. Because of the amount of junk email floating around a huge amount of real email is getting flushed out in an attempt to get rid of junk.
Give them a call instead.
Duckworks is a solid company and I'm pretty sure they'll answer the phone.

Lenny

We are here!!

We are here!!! Sorry I missed your email. We have had some family stuff distracting us lately, so I have not been as attentive as I should be and I have been super busy at my day job running a machine where we make parts for Vans as well as other Homebuilt aviation companies.

I am sure your order is here and if not shipped yet, will ship soon.

If anybody has any questions, please email or call, I will answer. It is not always right away, but I will answer.

I promise, we are here and will get your parts to you!!

Richard

Another thing to keep in mind.....

A large majority of the companies that RV builders deal with for accessories, optional parts, etc. are small businesses with just one or two people involved (often a married couple). If they decide to take a small vacation (which everyone deserves now and then, especially if they are working a regular job plus their sideline business), there is no other staff to answer e-mails and back them up on shipping orders, etc.

I think it is reasonable to at least give a week of no response before getting nervous.....

He has responded!!! Thank you!! Order will be shipped today or tomorrow. In my defense, I did wait a week before posting anything on here. Within 2 hours of posting here I had an email. Sorry if the title of my post is extreme. The powers that be can delete this entire thread so as to not cause any bad vibes with Duckworks!

We are here!!! Sorry I missed your email. We have had some family stuff distracting us lately, so I have not been as attentive as I should be and I have been super busy at my day job running a machine where we make parts for Vans as well as other Homebuilt aviation companies.

I am sure your order is here and if not shipped yet, will ship soon.

If anybody has any questions, please email or call, I will answer. It is not always right away, but I will answer.

I promise, we are here and will get your parts to you!!

Richard

Richard trying to confirm you have received my order and wondering when it will ship. I've called once ,left voice mail with contact , and emailed twice. Placed order online 2 weeks ago and card has been charged via pay pal. I was hoping to install during condition inspection so I can complete my wig wag setup . Please let me know what's up. I know we are all busy but communication is easy these days. Hope all is well.
Andy.

Sounds just like my situation which caused me to start this thread. I ended up cancelling my order with them after they said the order was shipping the next day and a week later still nothing. Went with Aerodynamix instead. Super awesome service with Aerodynamix. Good luck!!!!!

Well Im kinda stuck because I have one light installed and need the other to complete. I don't want to mismatch lights or start over and waste the money I already spent. My first order went smoothly and the response was ok. I just wanna know if it's coming or not so I can move on .

I dont typically spend much time monitoring posts on VAF and have been extra busy the last few months with some family stuff going on and coaching our kids in Baseball.

Our family stuff is mostly taken care of now, and baseball is over so hopefully all will get back to normal now.

If anybody would like to get an update on something, I encourage you to email or call. I like to respond as soon as possible, but sometimes I miss it. We will ship your orders as fast as we are able, and will not short anybody on their order.

Richard

Still shipping?

Does anyone know if Duckworks is still shipping lighting installation kits? I paid for "two blank install only kits" for my RV-9 at the end of January and have emailed several times and have heard no response from anyone at the company.

Hoping that my order may have just "slipped through the cracks" and that someone from Duckworks will see this and check into it.

Thanks,

Mike Miller

I think they are waiting on hardware for the kits. That's my case anyway. They sent the brackets and lenses, but no hardware. I called and they said they were waiting on hardware and would send it when available. Maybe your situation as well.

Soon

You should get it soon. I live in the area near him, ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Since I was within 3 miles of his place the other day I called him. He was putting orders together and had just finished mine. I was able to just stop by and pick it up. He has a full time job and a family as well. Really nice guy though. Just have to be patient with some of these small business owners.

Just recently ordered a blank install kit from them myself. Their shipping wasn't blazing fast. But, neither did they overcharge for it. Got it in about 3 weeks IIRC.

Follow up

Does anyone know if Duckworks is still shipping lighting installation kits? I paid for "two blank install only kits" for my RV-9 at the end of January and have emailed several times and have heard no response from anyone at the company.

Hoping that my order may have just "slipped through the cracks" and that someone from Duckworks will see this and check into it.

Thanks,

Mike Miller

Just wanted to update this post and let everyone know that I spoke with Duckworks and they have done what they said they would do. I received the product in excellent condition. I read all of the previous posts concerning shipping time and I should have just believed them all when they said that Duckworks is a top notch group and that they may be backed up with their work. They are busy building parts for the best planes in the business and for that I am grateful!

As the others have already said...if you want the best leading edge lighting installation kit...order the original and the best...order Duckworks.

Mike

Back